Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Birthday!

My husband always says that his birthday is the WORST! He's always had to buy someone else a present for HIS birthday. He's always had to plan some elaborate dinner or event for someone else on HIS birthday. He's always had to order flowers and have them delivered to someone else on HIS birthday... by those points, I'd have to agree... sharing your birthday with Valentine's day has got toe be absolutely NO FUN... especially for a guy!

Lucky for him, I'm not a Valentine's girl... Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to celebrate love and I adore decorating our home (and myself) with lots of red and pink and hearts and glitter... shocking I know... but when it comes to this day, that's all I want. I don't want him to spend $70 on flowers for 1 day when for-no-reason flowers are so much better. I don't want him to buy me chocolate... then I would be compelled to eat it and promptly complain that I now need to run it off, and I really don't want to... and I need more jewelry like I need a hole in my head... but if he asks, I really do love diamonds :)

Mostly, I just love having an excuse to make a reservation at a fancy restaurant and go out and spend a much-deserved night out on the town with the love of my life. We drink pretty cocktails and over-indulge in everything then practically roll home.

So I usually start looking for great new restaurants in Philadelphia in December and make about 15 reservations on Open Table and then give Jay a choice. Sometimes, he wants to try a specific spot... other years he wants to be surprised. Last year was probably our favorite. Stateside had an AMAZING Prix fix menu for Valentine's day (we usually aren't fans of not having a choice but this worked out) and an even greater whiskey and bourbon selection which totally made Jay's night.

Tonight we're headed to Barclay Prime!

So Happy Birthday to the love of my life! I am so happy I get to spend the rest of my life celebrating the man I love on the day of love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment