Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Designing a Room for Grandkids - Part 2



Because I just can't help myself... I've been doing a little more digging into the decor for Gingin and Pop's grandkids' guest room.



I just couldn't leave well enough alone... I thought, this room is for kids... it's going to need books and baskets and personalization... but I'm still on a super-tight budget.

So I thought I'd include a few of these super-cheap frames which can hold a picture of each grandkid as they come along... so for now, so what if they are all filled with Elisabeth... all Elisabeth.... all the time... meh... no one's complaining (yet).

TOLSBY Frame for 2 pictures IKEA You can display one picture on each side as the frame has no back panel.
They're really inexpensive and match the style of the existing furniture really well... plus, there are tons of "hack" ideas all over pinterest if we ever decide we need a rainy day art project at Gingin's.

RIFFLA Basket IKEA Each basket is woven by hand and is therefore unique.
I love the idea of adding baskets to the bookshelves in this room to organize and separate (and hide) some of the toys that will likely end up stowed at my parents' house. Adding this one also makes the space more interesting by breaking up some of the white-mod furniture and also brings in some more color and a natural element where everything else is a little plastic.




http://missmustardseed.com/2012/01/family-room-updates/


There will obviously need to be some kind of adorable arts and craft storage - like this cute crayon caddy... or maybe these super-fun containers.


mason-jar-gift-idea-animal-topped-jar zoo animals

Of course, I'm obsessed with the idea of book ledges and want them in my own house but 1 or 2 in this room might do it some good :) I love love love the thought of swapping out the books for the seasons and being able to display the very best and most-favorites for the kiddies.
Ikea picture ledges for children's front facing book shelves $9.99

 Some of our favorites growing up were:
and of course, all of the Disney Classic Series (Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast...)
And then, there were the books we read to Cara (years and years later) and most of them were the same, but she absolutely loved any stories about dogs, horses, and really, animals in general.

All things Biscuit
and her very favorite Balto: The Bravest Dog Ever

 
I don't think we actually NEED these but I just think they're so freaking cute! I love the idea of the kids being able to hang all their dress-up and make believe clothes from them and putting on performances.

BĂ„STIS Hook IKEA Made from soft rubber; no sharp edges to bump against.

No comments:

Post a Comment