Sunday, May 26, 2013

All the Goods


Registries are like letters to Santa for grown ups. You get to add whatever your little hearts desire, which is kind of great and kind of crazy. I go back and forth on feeling totally overwhelmed, to guilty and selfish, to super excited and back again.

Having a conversation with my Grandmom totally helped me put it in perspective though. She just celebrated her 85th birthday this year so to say she's old school might be the understatement of the century. That being said, she and I had a chat a few months back while going through her old engagement and wedding albums. There was a picture of all the gifts she and my Grandpop received at their shower and she joked that this was before the time of registries so you got lots of great gifts but nothing matched and you got tons of duplicates and then she pointed out the 3 lamps in the picture (none of which she would have picked out herself) and she laughed and said she wished department stores would have come up with this idea before she got married.

So I've started ours... all 4 of them... and maybe counting :) I had a lonnnnng talk with my big sis tonight and she said just go willie-nillie :) you get a great discount after the wedding on things that still remain on your registry and it helps people see your sense of style. It's also great because it makes it super easy for your guests.

So we're officially registered at Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Willams-Sonoma and Bed Bath & Beyond. Now if I could just decide on what we want/need.

Any great suggestions are welcome! Pleassssse!




No comments:

Post a Comment