Friday, April 12, 2013

Things I Love: Confessions of a chapstick addict

I am a total chap stick addict, have been since my Pink Lemonade and Dr. Pepper LipSmackers days (20+ years!?!?!) that said, I have transitioned through the multitudes. Softlips, Chapstick, Burt's Bees was my fave for about the last 8 years or so until Christmas of 2011... ENTER:


My awesome sister-in-law got me hooked on eos lip balm last year when she tucked a little "summer fruit" sphere inside the cutest vegan leather clutch along with a great Ulta polish in what we like to call Penn State Blue (can you say We ARE?!). I love love love that these little babies last forever and they pretty-much are indestructible! We've all had that moment where we've opened up our glove box or center console to find our chap stick has melted all over the place... and the times where you pull the tube out of your beach bag or your pocket and it looks solid until you place it on your lips and a giant chunk sticks to your mouth... oh yea, that's sexy! I know you'll miss it but you won't get those problems with these!

I love them so much I picked up the 5-pack above on our last Costco run. My wonderful fiance looked at me, confusion in his eyes... "what the hell do you need that many for!?" Of course, I couldn't turn down the good deal, since you practically get 2 free but I did rattle off, "one for my car, for my night stand, for my purse, for your car, and for my desk. DUH!" Not that he really cares but I guess he felt a bit like an enabler since I had a relatively new on in my purse and another half-gone one in my car still.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I found this little gem. Vaseline, like Johnson's baby lotion, is an old stand by. My mom was never a big user of any crazy beauty products (unless it came from a Mary Kay party... she might have owned/still own everything they ever made). However, I will say, Vaseline is something that we ALWAYS had in our house growing up. My dad was like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding with this shit, put some Windex vaseline on it and you'll be good to go.
I kind of laughed when my little sister came downtown with a tub of it in her overnight bag a few weeks ago when we were out for her birthday but they may be onto something. This winter had been SOOOOOOO dry that I was seriously considering cutting my nose off. I can't even tell you how badly the inside was cracking and I'm sure spackle-dust wasn't helping my cause. Upon my little sis' suggestion, I stuck a q-tip in the vaseline and then up my nose. AHHHH sweet relief! within 24 hours, I went from feeling like a coke-addict back to a normal person! Walmart to the rescue, I snagged my own tub of wonder-goo on my way home that day and it came with a teeny tiny replica of Lip Therapy. What the hell, I'll give it a whirl! And now... a month later... still obsessed! I slather this shit on in the morning (in the car, at a red light, on my way to work) and then again at night and I'm not kidding when I say I only put any other kind of balm on after I eat. My lips are softer than they've been in years and I feel like I'm no longer a slave to the salve. I have found that I went from applying balm about 20 times a day to maybe 5. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment