Friday, January 4, 2013

Visions of an outdoor affair

If I said I've been dreaming of my Wedding Day since I was little, that wouldn't be a lie. If I said I've been planning my wedding since I was 15, that would also not be a lie. If I said that Jay and I have been talking about our wedding for almost the same amount of time that we've been together, that, again, is not a lie.

We have discussed, at length, the vision we both have for our Wedding Day and it looks a little like this:

My Vision

{via}
{via}
{via}
  
    
 Jay's Vision
 
{via}
{via}
 
(found on pinterest, source deleted)




Fortunately, we have been able to tie in games, twinkle lights, whiskey, outdoors, beer, candlelight, and cigars to something really great! At least how we're seeing it in our heads... We share a love of yard games and craft brews, so in the end we may not be having a flip-cup tournament, but we do have ideas of a cocktail hour playing bocci or cornhole.

Jay doesn't love twinkle lights as much as I do, but he sure is good at letting me have my way ;) Our plan is to set up a tent on my Grandparent's property (they live on a lovely 16-acre farm with a pond). The cocktail hour would be held on the flagstone patio under lighted Maple trees and then transition to the tent for the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment