Sunday, January 27, 2013

Under the Covers

Or a veil....

I've been thinking, A LOT, about the whole wedding veil thing. I absolutely, hands down, definitely am going to wear one. There is no doubt about it. The problem is that I already bought one, and like with my dress, which I got over, and now am sooo happy with the purchase... to the point that I may be seen on any given night forcing my ever-accommodating big sister help me into just so I can see it one more time, but yea, like I did with my dress, I'm having serious buyer's remorse.


I never really had any serious vision of what I would wear on my Wedding day other than "of course, I'll wear white" and "yes, there will be a veil", and just fleeting thoughts of "ooh that would be pretty". That makes it very hard to narrow down the choices and even harder to actually make a decision (which let's face it, is not my strong suit to begin with). So it was surprising to me that I managed to snag my veil and dress all in the same shopping trip, all at one store, on my first time out... Amazing! The problem is I'm not really an impulse-buyer, I'm a browse-shop around-think about it-wait for it to go on sale-or- never actually go back and buy it kind of girl. So the wedding whirlwind that was New Years Eve is just not my typical M.O., but it felt totally right at the time. The problem is that I haven't stopped looking for things I already got and now...

Now, I think you could even say that I have veil envy.... or maybe it's just confusion. You see, I LOVE my veil and it is so pretty but I keep looking back at Style Me Pretty (all images below can be found in this gallery) and I just can't help but wonder if I'd like something else better...

Something like the lacy mantilla veils or the long beautiful cathedral veils... ahhh, to die for...







Or maybe a sweet little blusher... oh if only I could really be that brave.






And then there's this slew of gorgeous fingertip grazing beauties that just make me dizzy because they're soo... just pretty.

 


 

Sooo many choices, and just one head. I would love to go into detail about the veil that I have currently in my possession but my husband-to-be is quite devious and would love nothing more than to know exactly what I'll be wearing when I meet him in church that day so for now, I'll just have to post the things I like to take the temperature of the peanut gallery.

P.S. If I keep this up, Jay is going to block Style Me Pretty just like he did Google Shopping on our computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment