Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Favorites Taking it Easy and Missing my Husband

Happy Friday loves!! I hope you have something amazing planned for the weekend... we have no big plans... which in itself is amazing! A little dance recital action late tomorrow morning for our niece and then a gloriously open day... Ahhh I LOVE THAT... especially because I've been holding down the fort with Blitz the last few days while Jay was in Harrisburg at a conference.

I've been trying to get up and work out every morning before work... it's way easier when Jay's home and can kick me out of bed when the alarm goes off. I feel a million times better, physically and mentally and I have so much more energy, which is great! It does cut into my "getting ready" time but it's totally worth the sacrifice! (I've only been seeing a trainer for a week and I'm already down 5 lbs!)


The easiest thing I'm loving for my shortened morning routine is the top-knot (formerly known as the messy bun). It is my go-to hair style, and has been since about 1997) because it's super simple. I LOVE my long hair! I HATE when it sticks to me and as the weather heats up, the top knot keeps me cool and from going crazy. This post came through my news feed this week, which quashed any thoughts of changing it up :)
All it takes is mascara and a necklace to look pulled together,
which is great when I'm running on coffee and endorphins!!


Speaking of coffee... I'm addicted... but not really... I just love it... I can stop drinking it any time I want...

I love the time I get to spend with Jay in the morning and our ritual of taking turns brewing a pot then enjoying them together. This is our time to catch up and relax and chat and plan (which I've really REALLY missed this week). He's crazy-busy with his new firm, so sometimes it's the only time we get in the day to actually spend a few uninterrupted moments together. I know it won't always be this way, but for now, it's "our thing" and I love it. I think he does too, because he's always surprising me with little things to make it special... this week's it was a pound of Starbucks Brezza Blend, he got it on the Sunday breakfast run.
Starbucks® Brezza Blend

He knows I love good packaging and said the bag just screamed "Eileen"!! Bonus! It tastes delicious!
We usually buy our coffee in bulk at Costco because we go through it like water and they sell bigger bags, but sometimes it's nice to splurge and a little gift from a super thoughtful husband is always welcome in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment