Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Half-Christmas Eve :)

If there's one thing I'm obsessed with, it's Christmas. I blame genetics.

I can't remember a time growing up that we didn't have at least 3 trees in our house. 

I can't remember a Thanksgiving where we didn't have our house full-out decorated for Christmas. 

I have very vague memories of  the "Christmas in July" parade in Wildwood and my mom sneaking Christmas shopping in while we were down the shore (she had 6 kids, the only way to do it up was to start early). 

I can honestly say that I've never gone on vacation and not bought a Christmas ornament or decoration. 

Jay gets a kick out of making fun of me, to no end, about these admissions. He thinks I'm ridiculous, I think it's fantastic. So when he came into our room with coffee for me this morning and started with, "I know that I shouldn't say this because I know I'm just waking the demond (yea, that's how he said it) but guess what today is?"

Muffled by pillows and blankets and probably some terrible bed head, I responded, "Idunnowhat?"

"6 months til Christmas Eve."

{Via}

(I'm pretty sure at this point I did a little victory dance) I popped my head out from the covers and took a sip of coffee, smiled and said, "welcome to the dark side".

You have to understand it has taken me 4.5 years to get him to support my crazy Christmas hijinks. We {my mom, sisters and I} start listening to Christmas music in July August. We take down Halloween decorations and put up Christmas decorations in the same weekend. We refer to Thanksgiving as Christmas-practice. When my brother and sister-in-law bought their house last year, the first thing we all said was how awesome their Home-Alone-style abode would look decorated for Christmas and discussed where they could put trees (who needs furniture?!)

So 4.5 years later, Jay has finally succumbed... Happy Half-Christmas Eve!!

We'll be celebrating with these later tonight :)

P.S... when I called my mom to tell her about these antics, she told me she loves it... and that she already bought me a Christmas present.... I can't even express how perfect that was and how much I LOVE her for making life sooo fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment