Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rehearsal Dinner Dresses... the Search is (back) on

I've been looking for a fabulous Rehearsal dinner dress for a while now... I might have fifty-thousand pinned on Pinterest. Turns out, I have champagne taste on a beer budget. The good news, we're beer-drinkers where I come from, so I'm totally up for the challenge of finding an amazing dress and scoring a big deal on it!
Dress 1, Dress 2, Dress 3
I'm kind of obsessed with BHLDN. Their dresses and jewelry and accessories are gorgeous but let's be honest... even their sale stuff isn't really a great deal, and that said, their non-sale goods are just not in my budget. I love the lacy looks above but dress 1 costs more than my wedding dress. That's probably a good indicator that it's too much for the rehearsal dinner. Come on though... you can't say they aren't soooo pretty!!

Dress 4 (unavailable online store, similar), Dress 5, Dress 6
So I've continued the search and I actually bought dress #4 at the H&M store (can buy it on e-bay here)and it's SUPER-ridiculously-6-inches-too-short. I can wear it as a shirt, with leggings, but DEFINITELY not as a dress... especially not to church! Even if it were 6 inches longer, it would probably still be just long enough. So I love this dress, and 5 & 6 but I'm just way too tall for these tiny mini dresses, which are clearly made for petite tiny lil ladies (I'm neither of those). I'd even go as so far to say that watch your back (literally... and maybe avoid stairs) if you are over 5'5" because these might even be too scandalous on you! These are all really cute and inexpensive but just too short #tallgirlproblems.

So I've had too expensive and too short... so of course I'll have to Goldilocks it up a bit here and find something just right.

Ralph Lauren, Adrianna Papell, Jessica Simpson, Marina
Macy's is the old stand by... I can ALWAYS find something great there and it seems like they are ALWAYS having some kind of sale. For instance, I got a coupon packet in the mail this week that lasts til the end of August (3 months!) All of these dresses are great but I have to say, my favorite is the Adrianna Papell dress. It rocks, and it's got long sleeves which I love for November. It also has a great exposed gold zipper all the way down the back so it makes the dress a little more contemporary.

And lastly, David's Bridal has some awesome options that I'm totally excited about, mostly because they give you 20% off when you purchase a "reception dress".

1, 2, 3, 4
I'm not going to lie, #1 is totally my favorite but I don't really want something like that for the rehearsal dinner. #3 is exactly what I was looking for. It's very similar to the Adrianna Papell dress I love at Macy's only cap sleeves. As it stands now, I own #3 (from when I exchanged the crazy-crown and DB wouldn't issue a store credit for anything over $50... minor annoyance and my only complaint about the place).

But... I have a tendency to change my mind. A LOT. So we'll see what happens. I might have also ordered the AP dress from Macy's (with a 20% off coupon and a $75 gift card... today... while I was writing this post) that definitely happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment