Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bridesmaids Dresses- Part 1

So while searching for caterers, rentals, and vendors has dominated my thoughts and time lately, my sister and I decided to take a break and search for bridesmaids dresses instead :)

I have come to the conclusion that Jay and I discuss many more wedding-related things than most couples. Many of my friends think it's funny that Jay has an opinion on bridesmaid's dress color, I think it's adorable. Although, maybe I only think that because he likes gray, and that happens to be my #1 choice.

The inspiration for bridesmaids dresses look something like these:

{via}

{via}

{via}
{via}

Now just imagine those pictures but in shades of gray, silver, and charcoal to make it look a little more cohesive. I'm in Love!

The List for Bridesmaids Dresses:

1) Long
2) Gray
3) Formal or semi-formal or cocktail (not a maxi or long sundress)
4) None the same
5) ***Every girl feels comfortable and beautiful in whichever dress she chooses***

#5 really is my number 1 concern, but for my control-freak tendencies, I had to list the other parts first. We all know how I am.

Some of my favorite dresses are these:
 
{via}
{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}


The number one reason I am all for different dresses is because my little sister, Cara, will only be 12 come the wedding. She's too old to be a flower girl and I just wasn't feeling the junior bridesmaid route. I only have 2 sisters and I wanted her to feel special so I asked her to be the Maid of Honor (I asked my older sister, Shiela, to be my Matron of Honor). It would be much too difficult to find a dress that flatters all the girls and at the same time be appropriate for Cara, so the best solution is for everyone to wear a different dress.

I also really love the look of different dresses. It's just so pretty and a little unique, like me. My sister-in-law let us all chose our own dresses for their destination wedding a few years back and it was just so nice to be able to pick a dresses that we all looked and felt good in and didn't have to worry about spending a fortune on. Plus, I've been to quite a few weddings where I questioned if the Bride even liked her bridesmaids, because I couldn't tell by the dress they were forced into asked to wear. I just wouldn't feel right doing that to my best girls.






No comments:

Post a Comment