Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Week

WOW!!! I can't believe that March is almost over (and that it's still sooooooo freaking cold) and Easter is upon us!

Easter week is a time to repent, at least that's what I was taught in 12 years of Catholic school. This is the first year, ever in my life that I can remember, that I didn't give up or pick up something to do for Lent. I don't have any particularly bad habits, other than a potty mouth, which I am actively trying to work on... but not just for Lent. I did try really hard not to eat meat on Fridays (failed the first one though - Jay was away, Mom made chicken, I was hungry, beggers can't be choosers)

I have spent the entire Lenten season rehabbing the house and accidentally stuck to previous promises I've made... drinking less, eating better, losing weight, spending less money on eating out, etc. Not because we did or didn't want to do all those things, it just kind of happened. When you work all day and renovate all night, there is very little time for much else... for the most part, we've been working (all day, at our real jobs), painting/fixing, showering and sleeping. Have we cracked open a few beers and downed a few bottles of wine? Absolutely!! But drinking at home is a lot less costly than going out to the bar.

With Easter comes, WE HOPE, some nice Springy weather and fun Spring-timey events... like busting out the grill and that patio furniture!!

In case you are still looking for something adorbs to wear this weekend, check out Gap - they have 30% online orders and 40% off in stores! I love these!!



Given that it's still FAHREEEEEEEZING in the North-East, I will most likely be rocking a dress with a cardigan over it or a maxi skirt and tee. We'll be having brunch at my sister and brother-in-law's and they're house gets pretty darn hot once it's filled with our whole family, so layering is always a good call anyways. The forecast for Sunday keeps changing on me, but it looks like lowish 50's and may or may not rain... hopefully NOT!

Happy Easter All!! Hope you enjoy spending time with your fam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment