Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Parfait

Happy First Day of October!!! 
let's get festive, shall we?


This is seriously, the FASTEST, easiest dessert you can possibly make. No baking (which is great, especially given the current state of our oven, I don't even want to talk about it) and can be made with less than 10 ingredients, and less than a half hour to make (including going to the grocery store because you're out of milk) which is super awesome for a dessert.



 Pumpkin Spice Parfaits
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Allspice
1/4 teaspoon Ginger
1 can Puree Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 Butterscotch pudding (2 packs)
1 container Cool Whip (or the generic brand that was on sale)
1 Entenmann's Pumpkin Loaf  Cake (you could make your own, if you were feeling ambitious, but this was BOGO and it's so effing good)
3 cups of Milk

First whip up a batch of the pudding. I made a double batch* of these babies which gave me 16 large servings. If I had the little cocktail cups that I usually use, it probably would have given me 20-24 cups.

(*I grew up in a house with 3 brothers and 2 sisters... I automatically double a recipe... sometimes triple)


Beat in the spices then fold in the pumpkin puree and the whipped cream.

 Slice the pumpkin bread into cubes.


Layer the bread and the mousse into cup or bowls.
The first layer in the cups should be the cake. The top layer should be mousse. 
Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Galvanized Tray
Garnish them with whipped cream (oops - or not) and something festive (like washi tape flags on paper straws).

I'm going to make these again for Thanksgiving and then I will probably sprinkle candied pecans on top, but for today, I'm leaving them plain because my little sis just got braces and she sent me a special request via text for a "soft" dessert so that she could eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment