Monday, November 18, 2013

Our Last Anniversary

Today marks my and Jay's 5th Anniversary together. Big deal, right? We think so!

This is our last anniversary before our first 'real' anniversary. We get married in exactly 11 days and we took today to just relax and enjoy being together.


I met my wonderful fiance at Guppy's for lunch. This place is super fun and we can't wait to go back again. We are big fans of the original bar/restaurant a few towns over and were so excited that they opened another location closer to us... just 1 town over from home and smack in the middle of our respective offices, so it's nice for us to meet and get lunch together. Especially when our weeks are as hectic as they've been... if it weren't for lunch dates, we would only see each other to say "good morning" or "good night".

Jay brought home flowers and wrote me the sweetest card and we actually did get to spend some time together tonight after we finished up a couple projects we've been working on for the wedding and we sat down to watch our favorite shows.

 We cracked open a bottle of homemade wine and I baked brie then smothered it in this AMAZING caramel sauce from Wegman's... once we were bundled up in our pj's, we caught the CBS Monday night line up. Let's talk about the caramel pecan sauce...  it was seriously so good a mixture of pecans, cranberries, dehydrated apples, and caramel...  I can't even put into words how much we loved it (sidebar, it would also go great over ice cream, but I think ice cream goes with everything). 


All in all it was a great night and we enjoyed taking a break from the madness to just enjoy the night together. I can't believe how fast five years have flown by, this last one was seriously a blink... I'm so happy we get the rest of our lives to do all the crazy things we love together and I'm looking forward to celebrating our FIRST ANNIVERSARY next year!!!

seriously, we need a liquor cabinet/bar STAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment