Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Procrastination is the Name of the Game

So Jay decided... back in May... what he was going to give his groomsmen. He came up with a GREAT idea and I was soooooo jealous that I still had no idea what I was going to get for my girls.

Fast forward 7 months. 

My girls' gifts are done! They're awesome, practical, and I LOVE them!! They're all wrapped up and ready for their debut on Saturday at our Rehearsal Dinner.

My dear fiance... well he's been a little busy the past few months... you know, just painting and updating an entire house, running for public office, working... little things really. To say he hasn't had time to tie his shoes would be the understatement of the century.

So his grand idea for groomsmen gifts was slightly waylaid. Enter his amazing fiance and Super-Mom mother-in-law and their sidekicks, Alyssa & Cathy... 

Seriously, we saved his ass.

cut 7"x7" squares so that you have some seem allowance

My mom said they're 6x6 and 2 cups of corn... but we wanted to be sure so we did a little re-con. First, we asked my dad about the size of bean bags he said he thought my mom was right and he knew they should be 15 ounces... then my brother stepped in and told us to go here, it's a real website

My mom was right. Surprise, surprise! She's made quite a few bean bags in her day and was spot on. So we got to work cutting out squares... 48 squares since we needed 24 bean bags.

have someone who knows what she's doing handle this step

I cut. Mom sewed. Alyssa and Cathy stuffed. It was quite the team effort


In the end, it took us just over 2 hours to finish them.
 

And they look great!
  

 And just in case you thought the love of my life might have been slacking... here's what he sent me when we were finishing up and chatting.

"fabrication is done"
He worked all night on building the frames and puttying the holes/rough spots. Tonight's job is to sand them all down and prime them so that we can paint them tomorrow. We're on a pretty tight schedule as they have to be ready to go for our Rehearsal Dinner on Saturday night... plenty of time...

He better know how lucky he is to have me (and my mom, and my best friend, and my best friend's mom/mom's friend)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment