Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pure Green Lust (Over a Stump Table?!)


Oh West Elm... why must you tease me so?


I have been lusting after this gorgeous stump table since I first laid eyes on it a few months ago.
Dreaming of the day our house is finally done being renovated and ready to be decorated. Thinking of ways to incorporate this little piece of lovely into every single room... it's totally that kind of lust.

So interesting, so pretty, so fun, so green... 
these stump tables are made from naturally fallen cypress trees so I thought this would be the perfect post for Earth Day! 


The only problem and why I called them out on being a tease is because they are a whopping $200!! I just can't figure out a way to justify that... not right now... we've got a lot of other projects going on around our house still so I'm trying to be as frugal as possible and not splurge on things we don't really "need". Although, I can say that we DO, in fact, NEED end tables for our living room. However, we should be able to get 2 end tables and a coffee table for this price. Bummer.

After some serious thought, I decided I could probably make something like this (and by "I", I definitely mean with the help of my husband, dad, uncle, brother...) We had a pretty the harsh winter and some crazy wind this spring, so there are fallen trees all over the place and on my way to dinner at my parents' house a couple weeks back, I almost stopped to ask a man with a chainsaw if he wouldn't mind rolling a piece of the tree he was cutting right into the back of my car. 

Enter the WORLD'S GREATEST UNCLE!

While chatting with my cousin and sister at dinner that night about my would-be chainsaw massacre, my uncle offered to help me find the perfect stump-table-pieces and said that his friend (who owns a tree removal company) had a whole pile of wood at my grandparents' farm I could choose from... how completely awesome is that!?


Today, I got a phone call and this picture showing me a piece of pretty red cedar that arrived this week at the farm... I cannot wait to go pick out a table,or 2, or 10!! I'm seriously OVER THE MOON right now!

Look how gorgeous it is... makes me want to make everything out of red cedar!!


No comments:

Post a Comment