Sunday, February 10, 2013

Good Hair Day

Ever since this post, I haven't been able to stop thinking about how I'm going to do my hair for the wedding. I've been terribly anxious about it, and anyone who knows me knows that when I get fixated on something, it dominates every waking moment until I take care of it.

SO I did.

Instead of worrying needlessly about the "what ifs" (what if mom or Shiela can't do my hair the way I like it? What if I can't find a hair dresser to do it for me at a reasonable price? What if I hate my hair? What if what I'm thinking looks terrible on me?)


The AMAZING Steph created this look that I'm dying to copy. Too bad she's all the way out in Utah or I'd be hiring here to do my hair and make up. And don't think for 1 second that this was not my first solution to my anxiety over this issue. BUT I don't have extra money just lying around fpr me to fly a hair/make-up artist in from across the country. Clearly, I'm slightly crazy for considering this from the get go?

Obviously, the fixation started to spiral out of control, ever so slightly... but we nipped it in the bud! This morning I packed up all my combs, brushes, curling irons, hair sprays and products, bobby pins, and even make up into my Vera Miller and rolled out to my sister's house.


I swung by our favorite Bakery (Distelfink) and picked up a dozen doughnuts... because they are my sister's and my niece's favorite food, Elisabeth has even been heard saying, "you should have a doughnut every day!" She's the sweetest little thing, and now we know why! (she's chock full of sugary dough and icing and jimmies!)

So after dilly-dallying most of the morning/afternoon away, we got to work. I had curled my hair and sprayed it before I left my house but to get the volume we were looking for, I did it again, teasing it slightly as I went.

Then it was Shiela's turn to take the helm! And did she ever! 2.5 hours and about 30 step-by-step pictures later, my hair was complete and a Masterpiece! It looked amazing!!! As with most things, I was kicking myself for ever worrying at all! I never doubted that she could make my hair look awesome, but I never, in my wildest dreams thought she'd be able to make my hair prettier than the inspiration picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment