Friday, February 1, 2013

Keep you head-piece Up

Tiaras, and facinators, and clips, OH MY! (or nothing at all!?) Obviously, I have some big decisions to make here... hair up or down? What kind of accessories to wear? What kind of veil? I will say that I did also get a headpiece for the wedding the same day I got my veil and my dress. Again, buyer's remorse. Not because it doesn't look pretty, everything looks absolutely stunning all together. I just don't know if the look we purchased is the one I'm really going for... and then I see these and I think yep, I need to re-think this...

{via}

{via}
{via}
{via}
 

{via}

So now I have some decisions to make... And of course, I have a list for that...

1) up, down, 1/2 up?
2) sleek and refined or fluffy and messy?
3) swept across forehead or pulled back off face?
3) braids?
4) Curls?
5) accessorize... with what? Tiara? Comb? Barrette?  Flower? Feather?

And I seriously HAVEN'T A CLUE what I want!  Let's look at that list from another angle... it's kind of the only way I can narrow things down these days...

1) up, down, 1/2 up?
I'm thinking up, just because I have kind of thin, kind of fine, kind of blah hair that doesn't hold a curl for more than a few hours, and that's without sticking a veil on top for a few hours... the other thing is that we like to dance. Hair down + dancing = stringy hot mess.
2) sleek and refined or fluffy and messy?
Let's be real, there is nothing sleek or refined about me... so I guess we have an answer :)
3) swept across forehead or pulled back off face?
I love the swept look... evidence - only 1 picture above doesn't have it. There is a slight problem though, and it goes back to the equation put forth under #1... I don't want my hair to look like a hot stringy mess, so we may have to pull a MacGyver and figure out a way to have both (I'm thinking we may have something in the 5th & 6th images up there)
3) braids?
I go back and forth on this one. I think if we were getting married in the spring or summer, or even the fall, I'd be all about it. Since we're getting married, in what I consider winter, I'm just not feeling the braids.
4) Curls?
Yes, but not in the crazy kinky prom way. Not in the tendrils around your face way, and definitely not in the tight Shirley Temple ringlets way. More like the soft, floaty, Image 1, 2, 5, & 6 way.
5) accessorize... with what? Tiara? Comb? Barrette?  Flower? Feather?
Today a tiara, tomorrow a feather... who the hell knows what I will end up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment