Monday, May 5, 2014

Margarita Monday

 Happy Cinco de Mayo! We are always looking for any excuse to celebrate... and drink margaritas... so that's what we did all weekend! I thought we'd be having a housewarming party this weekend because we were going to be *done* everything we've been working on around this place, but we're not... so we'll just party on our own :)

Saturday, I started off the party with an acai margarita (recipe in this post) and I must say, it was delicious! I added the sugar rim, because, everything looks better dipped in sugar, don't ya think!? 


After a hard day of watching movies (literally, that is what I did ALL day while Jay played golf), we continued the celebration with some regular margaritas and Sunday Dinner at my parent's house. 

Monday has a habit of hitting me like a train... true to form, I got steam rolled yet again this morning. In the words of Garfield, "I don't do Mondays."  The ONLY saving grace for today was knowing that Margarita Monday and Taco Tuesday were going to collide when I got home from work, so I dragged my butt into the office and worked diligently throughout the day... watching the clock and counting the hours, minutes, then seconds 'til I could blow that popsicle stand and celebrate some more!


My sweet sweet husband came home before the sun went down for the first time in almost 2 months! He stopped to pick up some of the necessities for our Taco Night while I got to work chopping tomatoes and lettuce, and more importantly, mixing up a batch of pineapple margaritas!

I don't really do "measuring" so forgive me if this recipe is half assed...

Pineapple Margarita
4-ish cups of pineapple - I used half fresh and half frozen because that's what we had
(and our ice machine is turned off until we get the water line to our fridge fixed)
Juice of half an orange because I don't have triple sec in the house... or OJ
Limeade - mixed according to can... pour in to taste
(you can also use Simply Limeade or Sparkling Ice lemon lime, or make your own limeade if you're up to it... whatever you have on hand, really)
Tequila - we used Hornitos - 2 or 3 ounces per serving... my pour was on the heavy side... at least that's what Jay thought...

Blend it all together - sugar or salt your rim (if you feel like it) - pour - garnish (with whatever fruit is going to go bad if you don't use) - enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment