Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend and Friday Favorites

I want to send a humongous THANK YOU out to all the service members! I am eternally grateful for everything these brave men and women do to protect our great nation. They sacrifice so much so that our freedom stands unwavering. It is an amazing blessing to have such wonderful, selfless people put their lives on the line for the rest of us. There are not enough words to express my gratitude.

That said, we'll be celebrating one of my favorite retired Sgt. Major's birthday this weekend and I just cannot wait to see him! We also have a big 6th birthday to attend for our beautiful little niece.This weekend is going to be chock full of fun, and loads of time spent with family and friends.

A few of my favorite festive things - totally worth snatching up because you can use them 3 holidays in a row :) Who doesn't love that!?

Red, White and Blue Headband, Star Headband, 4th of July Headband, Memorial Day Headband
Via SolaBowtique
There are plenty more sweet headbands and clips where this came from... I adore this sweet little sparkly one, though, and couldn't resist getting it for little Miss Peyton (my best friend's baby girl). She's such a little doll.  

Painted American Flag
via Pottery Barn

We got this beauty from my Aunt and Uncle as a wedding gift and I just love love love it! We are just finishing up our kitchen and we CANNOT WAIT to get it hanging in there!

I'm hoping that we'll be able to have a party for the 4th of July so that I can also go nuts buying all this stuff!

I will be rocking this dress all at some point over the weekend... 


And last but not least, my not-so-little brother will be home from Colorado this week! Can't wait to see him. He called me earlier this week to see if I'd be able to pick up shoes at the mall if he ordered them. Turns out, these Vans are super popular and sold out everywhere... and he needs wants them for a party that he is going to on Sunday, which means no time to wait for the 6-9 shipping days.

Van Doren Authentic
Lucky for brotherman, I am an expert online shopper :) I found them at Revolve for the same price, but their free shipping was 2-3 day... BOOM!

Hope everyone enjoys this long weekend :) Remember why we're celebrating and thank any active duty, reservist, or Vets you might come across in between BBQ's and fireworks. They're the reason we all have the freedom to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment